What is Central Retinal Vein Occlusion?
Central retinal vein occlusion (CRVO), is a medical condition in which there is a blockage of blood flow to the retina. A blockage in the central retinal vein can result in blurry or sudden loss of vision.
There are two types CRVOs:
· Non-ischemic CRVO: This type of CRVO is not a symptom of an ischemic condition. The blood flow to the retina is only partially impeded and there is no damage to the retina.
· Ischemic CRVO is: This type of CRVO is more severe and has a lower blood flow to the retina. This can lead to irreversible damage to the retina, and even more severe vision loss.
The most common cause of CRVO is a combination or combination of hypertension, diabetes, high blood cholesterol, and other medical conditions. These conditions can damage the blood vessels within the eye. This condition is more common in people over 65 and those with a history or cardiovascular disease.
The severity and extent of the damage to the retina will determine the treatment for CRVO. This may involve medications, laser therapy or surgery. It is crucial to have your vision checked by an eye doctor immediately in order to avoid further damage or vision loss.
One of the most effective treatments for Branch Retinal Vein Obstruction is Sanjeevan Netralaya’s Advanced Ayurvedic Eye Care. Treatments at Sanjeevan Netralaya are tailor made for each patient and case absolutely no side effects.
What are the causes of Central Retinal Vein Occlusion?
Central retinal vein obstruction (CRVO), is usually caused by a combination factors. These factors include:
· Blood clotting disorders: Conditions such as thrombophilia that increase blood clot risk can increase the likelihood of CRVO.
· High blood pressure: Hypertension may cause damage to the blood vessels and increase the chance of developing CRVO.
· Diabetes: High blood sugar can cause damage to the blood vessels and increase the chance of developing CRVO.
· High cholesterol: Plaque buildup in blood vessels can lead to high cholesterol levels, which could increase the risk for CRVO.
· Glaucoma: People with glaucoma (a condition that increases pressure in the eyes) may be at greater risk for developing CRVO.
· Aging: CRVO occurs more frequently in older people, and the risk of developing it increases with age.
Although it may not be possible to pinpoint the exact cause of CRVO, there are usually a number of factors that damage blood vessels and increase the likelihood of obstructions or blockages in the central retinal vessel.
Sanjeevan Netralaya's Ayurvedic Eye Treatment is one of the best treatments for Central Retinal Vein Occlusion. Sanjeevan Netralaya's treatments are custom-made for each patient, with absolutely no side effects.
What are the symptoms of Central Retinal Vein Occlusion?
The severity and extent of damage to the retina may affect the symptoms of central retinal vessel occlusion (CRVO). The following are some common signs of CRVO:
· Sudden, painless vision loss in one eye
· Vision blurred or distorted
· Perimeter vision impairment
· It is difficult to distinguish colors
· You may see floaters and dark spots in your visual field.
· Eye discomfort or pain
Depending on the severity of the damage to the retina and how much of the blockage they are causing, symptoms of CRVO can appear suddenly or gradually. To prevent further damage to your retina and to reduce the chance of vision loss, seek immediate treatment from an eye doctor if you have any of these symptoms.
What is the treatment for Central Retinal Vein Occlusion?
Treatment for central retinal vein obstruction (CRVO), depends on the severity and extent of the damage to the retina. While the blockage can sometimes be resolved on its own in some cases, it may require treatment to prevent further damage to your retina and decrease the chance of vision loss. There are several common treatments for CRVO:
Lifestyle changes: Reducing the chance of further damage to your retina can be achieved by managing underlying conditions like high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes.
Each case is unique and each patient's needs will dictate the treatment that is chosen. It is crucial to have your retina evaluated promptly and to receive treatment from an eye doctor to reduce the chance of further damage and to keep your vision clear.
Sanjeevan Netralaya's Advanced Ayurvedic Eye Care is one of the most effective treatments to treat Central Retinal Vein Occlusion. Sanjeevan Netralaya offers customized treatments for every patient. There are no side effects or discomfort.