Branch Retinal Vein Occlusion (BRVO) Symptoms, Causes & Treatment
Updated: 3 days ago
What is Branch Retinal Vein Occlusion?
Branch retinal vein occlusion (BRVO), is a medical condition where one of the veins that drain blood away from the retina becomes blocked. The blockage can lead to blood accumulation within the vein. This causes swelling, bleeding, and other problems in the affected part of your retina.
Brittle Retinal Vein Occlusion can happen in one eye. It may cause a sudden or gradual loss in vision, depending on the severity and location. High blood pressure, diabetes and atherosclerosis are all risk factors for BRVO.
After performing a thorough eye exam, an eye doctor can diagnose BRVO. This may include dilation of pupils and specialized imaging tests like fluorescein angiography (OCT), or optical coherence tomography (OCT). Depending on the extent and severity of the retinal damage and blockage, there are many treatment options available for BRVO.
One of the most effective treatments for Branch Retinal Vein Obstruction is Sanjeevan Netralaya’s Advanced Ayurvedic Eye Care. Treatments at Sanjeevan Netralaya are tailor made for each patient and case absolutely no side effects.
What are the symptoms of Branch Retinal Vein Occlusion?
Depending on the severity of the obstruction, the symptoms of branch retinal vein occlusion (BRVO), can vary. Some people will not experience any symptoms while others might experience sudden or gradual vision loss in one or more of their affected eyes. BRVO is characterized by the following symptoms:
· Vision blurred or distorted: If there is a blockage in the retinal vessel, the central or peripheral vision can become blurry, distorted, or disappear.
· Vision loss: In certain cases, BRVO may cause a gradual or sudden loss of vision in one or more eyes.
· Eye pain: People with BRVO can experience mild to severe pain in their eyes, particularly if there is inflammation or high pressure.
· Floaters are floating specks and cobwebs that move in your field of view.
· Sensitivity towards light: Bright lights can cause discomfort, particularly if inflammation is present in the eye.
· Color vision may change: This could be a result of changes in your color perception. For example, you might see colors that are less vibrant or faded.
For proper diagnosis and evaluation, it is important that you see an eye doctor if you have any of these symptoms. Early treatment and detection of BRVO can prevent vision loss.
Sanjeevan Netralaya's Ayurvedic Eye Treatment is one of the best treatments for Branch Retinal Vein Occlusion. Sanjeevan Netralaya's treatments are custom-made for each patient, with absolutely no side effects.
What are the causes of Branch Retinal Vein Occlusion?
A blockage in one of the veins that drain blood from the retina can cause branch retinal vein occlusion. Atherosclerosis is the most common cause of BRVO. This is a condition where fat deposits build up on the walls and cause them to narrow down or become blocked.
The risk of BRVO can also be increased by other factors, such as:
· Age: BRVO occurs more frequently in those over 50.
· High blood pressure: Hypertension may cause damage to the blood vessels and increase the chance of BRVO.
· Diabetes: People suffering from diabetes are at greater risk of developing retinal blood vessel disease, which could lead to BRVO.
· Glaucoma: Because of the high intraocular pressure, which can lead to retinal vessel damage, people with glaucoma are at greater risk for developing BRVO.
· Smoking: Cigarette smoking can cause damage to the blood vessels of the eye and increase the chance of BRVO.
· Hypercoagulable states: A history of blood clots, blood clotting disorders or elevated blood cholesterol and lipid levels can increase your risk of developing BRVO.
· Cardiovascular disease: Hypertension and atherosclerosis are two of the most common causes of BRVO.
To reduce the risk of developing BRVO, regular eye examinations are essential. Sanjeevan Netralaya's Advanced Ayurvedic eye Care is the most effective treatment for Branch Retinal Vein Occlusion. Sanjeevan Netralaya’s treatments are tailored for each patient with no side effects.
What is the treatment for Branch Retinal Vein Occlusion?
Treatment for branch retinal vein occlusion (BRVO), depends on the severity of the obstruction and the extent of damage to retina. The primary goals of treatment include managing any underlying medical conditions, and preventing or minimizing vision loss.
Your doctor will collaborate with you to create a customized treatment plan that is tailored to your needs and severity. Regular follow-up visits with your doctor are important in order to keep track of your condition and to adjust your treatment plan if necessary. Sanjeevan Netralaya's Advance Ayurvedic Eye Care is one of the most effective treatments to treat Branch Retinal Vein Occlusion. Sanjeevan Netralaya offers customized treatments for every patient. There are no side effects or discomfort.
Can Branch Retinal Vein Occlusion be treated at home?
Branch retinal vein occlusion is a serious medical condition. It should be treated immediately by an eye doctor. There are no home remedies for BRVO. However, there are many things you can do at your home to manage your condition and decrease your chance of complications.
Manage underlying medical conditions. Managing conditions like hypertension, diabetes, high cholesterol, and hypertension can reduce the risk of developing BRVO, or prevent further damage to your retina.
You can reduce your chances of developing BRVO by living a healthy lifestyle. This includes regular exercise, eating a healthy diet, and avoiding smoking.
Protect your eyes by wearing sunglasses and a wide-brimmed cap to protect them from the harmful effects of UV radiation. Avoid contact sports and power tools, which can increase your chances of getting eye injuries.
Follow your doctor's directions: Your doctor may prescribe medication, eye drops or other treatment to treat your BRVO.
You should monitor your vision. If you notice any changes in vision (e.g. blurred or distorted vision), immediately report them to your doctor.
These measures may help to reduce the risk of complications. However, it is important that you remember that BRVO can be a serious medical condition and should be evaluated promptly by an eye doctor.
Sanjeevan Netralaya Advanced Ayurvedic Eye Care is one of most effective treatments for Branch Retinal Vein Occlusion. Sanjeevan Netralaya’s treatment has no side effects, and each treatment is custom made for each patient.